Saturday, August 3, 2013

What the solitude can teach you..

As I hopped down from my bus, in the darkness, I took out my mobile, half cursing my life and half still laughing in my mind. For, it was THE (in caps, as you can see) Friday night and here I was, back from a really-tiring-long day and the latter, over the Chandler's sarcasm and Joey's dumbness from the episodes had I watched during the travel-back. It read 11.15 PM and there began my lonely walk back home.

Being out in the mid-night, is not a foreign thing for me. So many times I have been there, returning from the night-shows. This time it was a little different. I was walking. There's only me and then Ilayaraja's music. Oh wait, and then my brain, which wouldn't stop thinking stuff.

There they were, in front of me, the hard-working people still busy ready-ing to close down their makeshift shops. Slowly peddling the cycle with hot can of tea beginning his day. Men and women, and children, sleeping on the platforms, carefree of the future that we all are afraid to confront not being able to sleep thinking of that, in our AC rooms, but there they were inside the mosquito-shield, oblivious of the world. 

And then, on the other-hand, there were these frames of silhouettes of people, from the headlights of the bikes. The ray of smoke from people smoking their lungs-out. Lonely sad dogs, probably wondering what-a-dog life it's leading, just like some of us are. Grim-vacant sodium-lamp-lit streets that can probably remind you of all the sad things in life, if u keep looking. Strange-looking strangers, who are probably thinking the same about you. Gang of friends having a hearty laugh not willing to leave the restaurant anytime soon. The rag-picker strolling around with hope. The remains in front of the TASMAC shop, which are strong remainder of the fact that it was Friday evening , a little while ago. 

Long walk, eh? Dint seem like it, though. 

4 comments:

  1. If possible, take a long walk after your dinner on Saturdays or Sundays for at least 30-60 minutes.

    And try to think along these lines:
    1. What you were
    2. What you are
    3. What you want to be

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I end up thinking bout that even without the walks, every now and then :P

      Delete
    2. Well that's natural, at least that's what I think. And I guess it only stays for a minute or two before we get distracted by our chores.

      But when you take a long walk alone, you'll be looping those 3 points which will give a vivid picture of yourself. Like the one you see every morning on a mirror :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah You got a point there. I agree. Should try more often.

      Delete